Lead Backend Engineer - Vyom (Sept'2016 - Present)
Bringing the trucking industry online by building a highly scalable tech solution which can be endorsed and embraced by all. As a lead backend engineer, my responsibilities include:
• Understanding business requirement and planning delivery timelines.
• Designing and implementing the backend and infrastructure architecture for a product/feature.
• Managing spring planning and scrum of the product.
• Introducing new and better tech in existing and new modules.
• Streamlining the processes including deployment pipelines, on-boarding of new joinees, code-reviews.
• Being very frugal when it comes to resource utilization. ie. Making sure that code is written in a way to handle more load with less machines.
• Team building.
Co-founder & Architect - StrollUp (Feb'2015 - Aug'2016)
StrollUp aimed at making the personalised hangout planning easier (just 2 taps) for it's users by considering their likes/dislikes and other preferences like location, budget, group type, etc. As a Co-Founder & architect, my responsibilities included:
• Managed and led a team of 10 people including web & android developers and content writers.
• Designed and implemented database and server architecture for StrollUp’s web & Facebook Messenger chat bots.
• Conducted weekly A/B tests to increase the booking conversion from 0.5% to 5% in 3 months.
• Performed SEO on StrollUp’s site & blog and reached 50,000+ unique visitors per month organically. Took Alexa rank to ~10K
• Designed and implemented backend services including database and server architecture for android & web app.
• Implemented crawlers which scan 1500+ Facebook pages and sites to get activities & events in timely fashion.
• Automated operational tasks such as taking feedback from users, deployment, backup & virtual hosting.
• Created and automated personalized email campaigns and push messages for increasing user retention.
Senior Product Developer - Bravolucy (Jul'2012 - Jan'2015)
Bravolucy, headed by Nils Rudi (INSEAD's dean of academics), provides informed decisions about sports and supply-chain by using statistical models with huge set of past data. My responsibilities as a senior product developer included:
• Was Scrum master of an 8-developer server team.
• Designed and implemented an architecture which serves real-time events and stats(win/lose probability of teams, rank probability of teams in a tournament) of football matches.
• Designed and implemented a real-time football match simulator which simulated a real football match from the past over a scaled period of time.
• Managed AWS infrastructure of the company including automated deployment using aws-cli on elastic beanstalk
• Used R to analyze large data-set of football matches whose outcome was used with statistical models.
• Developed algorithm for providing data to the clients at a faster rate.
• Developed RESTful APIs to provide model-as-a-service which can be used by a third party to get a match outcome. The design is lean enough to be extended to support other sports as well.